Monday, April 20, 2009

To blog or not to blog

That was the question for a long time. I was thinking of writing a blog about my life with locked-in syndrome but I always kept postponing it thinking that it will take too much time and effort. But my wife, Jaya was keen on it so I finally decided to take the plunge and see how it goes.

Chance favours the prepared mind, said Pasteur. The implication was clear: If I had to be lucky enough to have a couple of readers for my blog, I had to do some homework. My stroke had happened ten years ago and I could not remember many incidents. Then I saw this post which gave me pause. After all ten years is a long time.

I reread The Diving Bell And The Butterfly and some blogs on brain and behaviour like Frontal Cortex and Mind Hacks, hoping that they will help stimulate some memories. When I remembered something, I noted it down ( to be precise, as Thomson and Thompson would have corrected me, Jaya noted it down). When I had a tentative list of topics ready, I tried to arrange them in some order. Then I tried to break them into small bits so that I (and Jaya!) don't get exasperated by my dumb charades.

The King of Alice in Wonderland tells me to begin at the beginning and go on till I come to the end, and that is what I propose to do from my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment